Do you walk into a store and pick up any socks you see? Do you get attracted to colorful socks but don’t know what they are called? Well, you just bought funny socks, and there are chances that you kept them idly in your wardrobe for aesthetics.
Now, you may be wondering, ‘why do I have to care about funny socks?’ There are lots of reasons why. Outdoor activities can be very harmful to your feet, so you must wear quality socks to prevent blisters and keep your feet feeling fresh and relaxed. And how about preserving your feet in an aesthetically appealing way?
The question is, how do you choose funny socks that are comfortable? All socks are not the same. All funny socks are not the same. They are only in the same category. If you are part of the people that stroll into a store and purchase a random sock, this article will do you a whole world of good.
Without further ado, let's look at the factors to consider when buying funny socks. Ready?
Let’s delve in.
Factors to consider when buying funny socks
There are several factors to consider when buying funny socks, but we will look at the major ones in this article.
- Type of activity:
This is one of the most important factors to consider when buying funny socks. Funny socks are usually socks with playful designs. If you want to buy them, you have to consider what activity you’d be using them for.
You can’t go on a mountaineering expedition, hiking trip, or a job interview wearing funny socks. It is very inappropriate and you’d be termed unserious. Funny socks are best for casual and creative events- an art exhibition, a musical night, or a concert, or a festival.
It’s also perfect for snuggling up in bed at late nights, chilling and watching Netflix alone or with loved ones. Children aren’t left out. Funny socks are perfect for snuggling up in bed at midnight, concerts, school plays, or recital shows.
If your activity is formal and professional, then you can kindly sit funny socks out and look for inexpensive cotton socks instead.
Funny socks are all about aesthetics. They are meant to be visually appealing. The first step to deciding the outlook of your socks is to decide your favorite colors if it's for personal use, the colors of the day, or colors that will suit the event you’re going for.
You won’t need to wear pink funny socks when the color of the day is red and white.
Tip: If you’re buying for an event, make sure you decide the color before leaving your house because you may reach there and get carried away by what you’re seeing.
Your design affects how your appearance goes.
A lot of people don’t consider how their socks should fit, but it's super important. This is why you shouldn’t go to a store and buy random socks. Socks that fit look and feel better.
When looking out for fit socks, you should consider ones that aren’t too small or large with excesses. Excess fabric can cause blisters due to frictions, especially if the shoe is very tight.
Your socks shouldn’t be so tight and small so that you don’t constrict and strain your toes. The seams shouldn’t also be placed in areas that will cause foot irritation.
4. Look out for specialized funny socks
Funny socks don’t have to be boring. They can be specialized as well, although they are very hard to find:
- Waterproof socks: The world doesn’tstop with the rainy season, so your style doesn’t have to either. Get top-notch funny socks with waterproof coating that protect your feet against adverse weather elements.
If you can’t get waterproof socks, look for breathable socks instead, especially if you move around a lot in wet weather. It allows moisture to escape from the feet.
- Toe socks: Thesesocks are to our feet as gloves are to our hands. Seamless toe socks help to prevent blisters that occur due to friction and skin irritations. Funny toe socks will look very cute on you now, don’t you think? These toe socks are great for running or hiking because they are made with synthetic fibers.
- Fleece funny socks: This goes really well with sandals or shoes, and it’s also good as house slippers. Although it doesn’tconform to the leg pretty well, people prefer it because it removes moisture and prevents chaffing.
5. The type of material used
Your feet is one of the sweatiest parts of your body because it is covered with over 250,000 sweat glands. Even though you’re trying to be stylish, you still have to consider the material.
What kinds of material are there?
- Synthetic material: this type of material is often used in specific areas of the sock for better fit and comfort. This is why nylon and spandex materials are widely used because they are better fits, provides style and arch support, and helps to retain shape. Plus, they are very durable and they dry fast.
- Silk: This is a natural insulator and is often used for liner socks. It eliminates moisture and has a very smooth texture. Plus, it is very lightweight. The only disadvantage is that it doesn’tlast as long as other fabrics, so if you’re looking for socks to wear often, silk shouldn’t be your go-to. You can reserve it for special occasions.
- Cotton: if you are an active user, cotton socks aren’t recommended at all. They absorb sweat easily, get saturated quickly, and take a long time to dry, thus creating a perfect condition for blisters to thrive. Nobody wants that. You can buy themfor a few occasions, but just like the silk socks, it shouldn’t be for active use.
6. Supporting features
Even though you are blown away by the aesthetics, you also have to consider the supporting features. For instance, look at the padding at specific areas for cushioning and protection. Ensure that the padding doesn’t make your shoe very tight.
Also, consider the arch reinforcement for better support.